Tourist attractions in Eswatini (Swaziland) are plentiful, offering a diverse array of sites of interest, natural features and events. The main tourist hub for Eswatini (Swaziland) is the Ezulwini valley, otherwise known as the valley of heaven, where the greatest density of tourist attractions and sites of interest can be found, also where Lidwala Lodge is located. Other tourist attractions, sites of interest and natural features are scattered widely across the four regions of the Kingdom: Hhohho, Manzini, Lubombo and Shiselweni.
Tourist Attractions in Ezulwini
Tourist attractions in Ezulwini have made the valley famous for it’s mountainous scenery, impressive hotels and diverse sites. This picturesque valley between the Capital, Mbabane, and Industrial centre, Matsapha, cradles the cultural heart of the Kingdom, Lobamba. Home to the royal residence of His Majesty King Mswati III, houses of parliament, national museum and national stadium, Lobamba is also the base for the famous cultural festivals in spring (the royal reed dance or ‘Umhlanga’) and summer (the royal harvest or ‘Incwala’). There are a wide range of places to stay and accommodation options in Ezulwini of which Lidwala Lodge is one. Located in the heart of the Ezulwini valley Lidwala Lodge’s accommodation is a stone’s throw from most of the tourist attractions.
Natural Attractions in Ezulwini or nearby
• Sheba’s Breast Mountain, accessible from Lidwala Lodge, Roki Centre, Ezulwini Main Road
• Execution Rock or Nyonyane Mountain in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
• Mantenga Waterfall in Mantenga Nature Reserve
• Mdzimba Mountains accessible from All Out Africa’s Elangeni Community Education Centre or the Tea Road
• Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary
• Mantenga Nature Reserve
Cultural Attractions in Ezulwini or nearby
Events of Interest in Ezulwini or nearby
Tourist Attractions in Hhohho Region
Tourist attractions in Hhohho centre around it’s mountainous scenery and waterfalls. This region of north western Eswatini (Swaziland) is great for hiking and sightseeing.
Natural Attractions in Hhohho
Natural Attractions in Hhohho are abundant and here is a select list of our take on the top tourist attractions in the region. All of these attractions are accessible from Lidwala Lodge for a day visit and are within 1hr drive away.
• Malolotja Nature Reserve
• Phophonyane Conservancy
• Lomati Nature Reserve
• Mvembili Nature Reserve
• Emlembe mountain, accessible from Bulembu Country Lodge
• Malolotja falls in Malolotja Nature Reserve
• Mahulungwane falls and pools in Malolotja Nature Reserve
• Silotfwane mountain in Malolotja Nature Reserve
• Phophonyane falls in Phophonyane Nature Reserve
• Lufafa Mountain in Lomati Nature Reserve
• Maguga dam, accessible from Maguga Lodge
• Sibebe Mountain, accessible from Sibebe Lodge
Cultural Attractions in Hhohho
Tourist Attractions in Manzini Region
Tourist attractions in the Manzini region take you to the heart of the Kingdom. This region of central Eswatini (Swaziland) is great for craft and sightseeing.
Natural Attractions in the Manzini Region
Natural Attractions in Manzini are plentiful and here is our take on the top tourist attractions in the region. All of these attractions are accessible from Lidwala Lodge for a day visit and are within 1hr drive away.
• Wide Horizons Nature Reserve
• Dombeya Game Reserve
• Nkonyeni Game Reserve
• Ekhaya Game Reserve
• Ngwempisi Wilderness Area
• Makungutsha mountain, accessible from Wide Horizons Retreat
• Ngwempisi Gorge, accessible from Khopo Lodge
• Ntfungula mountain, accessible from Khelekhele Lodge
Cultural Attractions in the Manzini Region
Events of Interest in the Manzini Region
• Bushfire Music Festival at House on Fire (in autumn – last weekend of May)
• Luju Food Festival at House on Fire (in winter – first weekend of August)
• Swazi Rally at Rider’s Ranch (in spring – first weekend of September)
Tourist Attractions in Lubombo
Tourist attractions in Lubombo are based around big game and the rugged Lubombo hills. This region of north eastern Eswatini (Swaziland) is great for wildlife viewing and safaris.
Natural Attractions in Lubombo
Natural Attractions in the Lubombo region abound and we believe the following are the top features worth visiting. All of these attractions are accessible from Lidwala Lodge for a day visit and are within 1 ½hour drive away.
• Hlane Royal National Park
• Mkhaya Game Reserve
• Mbuluzi Game Reserve
• Kamsholo Game Reserve
• Mlawula Nature Reserve
• Mhlosinga Game Reserve
• Shewula Nature Reserve
• Muti-muti Conservancy
• IYSIS Game Reserve and sand river dam, accessible from Mananga Country Lodge
• Mbuluzi Gorge, accessible Mbuluzi Camp Site or Mlawula Nature Reserve
Cultural Attractions in Lubombo
• Sugarcane Museum, Tambankulu
• Border cave, site of oldest human remains, a short drive then steep walk from Kamsholo Game Reserve on the South African border
Tourist Attractions in Shiselweni
Tourist attractions in Shiselweni are based around scenery and wildlife. This region of south eastern Eswatini (Swaziland) is great for exploring off the beaten track.
Natural Attractions in Shiselweni
Natural Attractions in the Shiselweni region are impressive but a little off the beaten track. All of these attractions are accessible from Lidwala Lodge for a day visit and are within 1 ½hour drive away.
• Royal Jozini Big 6 Game Reserve
• Jozini Dam
• Mahamba Mountain, accessible from Mahamba Gorge Lodge
• Mahamba Gorge, accessible from Mahamba Gorge Lodge
• Ndlotane Gorge, a short drive from Mahamba Gorge Lodge
• Mkhondvo Gorge, a short drive from Hlatikulu
Cultural Attractions in Shiselweni
• Mahamba Methodist Church, oldest church in Eswatini (Swaziland)
Tours to Eswatini’s (Swaziland’s) Attractions
Tours to the above attractions can be arranged from Lidwala Lodge using our recommended Tour Operator, All Out Africa, who have excellent quality vehicles and guides and can arrange any combination of options and can also recommend and plan itineraries. Something we believe is that the entire Kingdom of Eswatini (Swaziland) is an attraction including it’s scenery, wildlife, way of life and people.